Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist - Base Salary
plus Uncapped Bonus Potential
Location: Remote + local travel
This position offers a sign on bonus.
Salary Range: $50000 - $70000 per year
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our
team as a Community Outreach Specialist. Your role will be to identify
and engage both new and existing partners and influencers to help grow
Aftermath’s customer base. As part of the Aftermath Marketing team,
the Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for business
development, building and maintaining relationships with local
authorities to raise awareness for Aftermath’s services, increasing
leads, and generating revenue. The focus of this role is to develop
and implement both public relations and marketing strategies to
effectively promote our company mission/brand and to advance our
community presence and visibility.
- Local, in-market outreach to initiate, develop, and maintain
trusted relationships within the community; the target audience
includes influencers, such as law enforcement, coroner’s offices,
funeral homes, first responders, medical examiners, etc.
- Consistent in-person visits, including unsolicited meetings, to
engage, educate, and raise awareness about the biohazard remediation
industry and Aftermath as a partner.
- Cultivate strong relationships with community liaisons and build
long-term, trusting partnerships to enhance the company brand in the territory.
- Effectively use data to analyze, develop, and execute on territory
plans to achieve successful front-end outreach activity that results
in quality leads and revenue growth, while understanding the
territory’s size, potential, and competition.
- Collect and continually update information of local influencers in
the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, so the
tool reflects the current state of the territory and the data can be
used in forecasting, planning, etc.
- Participate in and/or act as primary representative and presenter
at local and regional community and influencer events, staying
consistent in messaging and enhancing the company brand in the community.
- Attend and represent the company at local or regional tradeshows,
conferences, and partner functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (Only if Supervisory Role)
Local daily travel with some (less than 25%) overnights.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Culturally connected within the local community with law
enforcement, first responders, coroner, funeral homes, medical
examiners, or others in similar industries a plus.
- Experience in or established credibility within community outreach.
- Ability to build rapport quickly, lower trust barriers, and
instill confidence with key influencers, and present Aftermath's
value proposition effectively and convincingly.
- Public speaking experience or the ability to present in front of
individuals and groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal
and external partners.
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to take ownership of influencer engagement.
- Independent, self-reliant, self-motivated, and possess a high
level of integrity
- Must be adaptable, persistent, and resilient.
- Good balance of sales and administrative skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, marketing,
or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in community development or relationship activities
- Experience with MS Office and Salesforce a plus