Location: Aurora, IL
Aftermath has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator to become
a leader on our IT team in Aurora, IL. This is an opportunity to join
a fast-growing company offering competitive wages and benefits.
Aftermath Services LLC is seeking a self-motivated individual with a
can-do attitude that has 5+ years experience in a hands-on Systems
Administrator role. This position is based at our Aurora, IL office.
No telecommuting. Occasional / rare travel.
- Lead desktop and field helpdesk efforts.
- Make sure workstations and applications work well in the field and
- Maintain and configure our computers, servers, and virtual environment.
- Manage Active Directory and other accounts.
- Manage hardware devices including firewalls and phone system.
- Manage vendors and purchasing.
- Install and upgrade software. Ensure computers are up to date.
- Troubleshoot problems. Prioritize, assess impact, and resolve.
- Manage backup operations and implement appropriate processes for
data protection, disaster recovery and failover.
- Be a go-to technical resource for the company.
- Create documentation and conduct training for end users.
- Helpful demeanor. Desire to help and interact with users above
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in CS, IT, or SysAdmin field.
- 5+ years experience building servers, datacenters, and virtual environments.
- Experience with Microsoft products: Server 2008 / 2016, Win 10,
- Experience with virtualization products: Vmware, Veeam.
- Experience with database products: MySQL.
- History working with cabling, patch panels, punch downs, Ethernet,
racks, air conditioning, power.
- Desire to engage users - help, teach, train, share best practices.
- Ability to develop and communicate IT strategy and plans.
- Is accustomed to the always available nature of small business IT
in a 24/7 service organization.
- Can handle fixing "anything that is plugged in".